Industry: Software Development
Roles & Responsibilities
Avensys is a reputed global IT professional services company headquartered in Singapore. Our service spectrum includes enterprise solution consulting, business intelligence, business process automation and managed services. Given our decade of success, we have evolved to become one of the top trusted providers in Singapore and service a client base across banking and financial services, insurance, information technology, healthcare, retail and supply chain.
We are currently looking for Software Developer _ AFC volume and performance intensive back office of an Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) system. The ideal candidate must have experience in access control and graphical user interface (GUI) development, as well as a strong background in software development and programming languages.
The activities required to be performed shall include the following:
• Gather requirements from stakeholders;
• Design, develop and maintain of the software;
• Prepare and submit deliverables throughout the software
development lifecycle, such as Business Rules, Software
Requirement Specifications, Software Architecture Document,
Design Specification, Interface Specifications, Source Code,
Testing Specification, Operation and Maintenance Manual,
Training Manual and other documents as required by the
• Assist the Authority with day-to-day application support issues;
• Liaise with users on the requirement, design and testing issues.
Qualifications & Requirements:
A recognised degree in Computer Science, IT or engineering with at least 5 years’ relevant experience in software development;
• Experience in at least one full software development lifecycle (SDLC) with track record of producing SDLC documentations;
• Extensive experience in analysing requirements, designing, development and delivering complex enterprise applications in Enterprise Java, web programming on UNIX / LINUX and Windows environment;
• Experience in Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) system;
• Strong understanding of access control principles and best practices, as well as experience implementing access control mechanisms in software applications;
• Strong understanding of Graphical User Interface (GUI) design principles and best practices, as well as experience implementing user friendly and intuitive GUIs that are optimized for managing large amounts of data;
• Experience in writing and implementing Stored Procedures, PL/SQL and SQL;
• Experience in Message Queues and REST;
• Experience in Spring Framework and Spring Boot will be an advantage;
• Experience in Cloud Computing, Kubernetes & Dockers, AWS Services like Amazon ECS Fargate, AWS RDS & Lambda will be an advantage;
• Experience in Software Modernization, Containerization, Microservices will be an advantage;
• Familiarity with Agile development methodology and continuous integration will be an advantage;
• Familiarity with EMV and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) will be an advantage;
Working Location Arrangement:
The candidate shall adhere to the Authority work arrangement to work in office and/or work from home. The Authority has the sole discretion to make the arrangement.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
You will be remunerated with an excellent base salary and entitled to attractive company benefits. Additionally, you will get the opportunity to enjoy a fun and collaborative work environment, alongside a strong career progression.