• Prepare and recommend testing & commissioning solutions to the Project Manager or client.
• Delivers solutions to Project Manager or Senior Engineer to address future client needs and provide cost analysis on testing solutions.
• Ensures the performance of all field testing on substation equipment is completed accurately and safely.
• Performs demonstration tests, as required, which are a series of functional tests designed to simulate real world conditions to ensure proper operation of yard equipment.
• Develops and executes substation equipment test procedures.
• Provide technical instruction, mentoring, guidance with regard to substation systems and electrical power systems to field testing technicians.
• Develop testing & commissioning departmental and project requirements.
• Associates degree in Electrical Engineering. Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Power & Controls, or equivalent.
• Must have an expert understanding of electrical systems.